A Little Insane

Saturday, July 08, 2006

In All Dreams to Come

I preach tonight, like the many before me;
Without a candle to see my face,
With only one message to be told:
‘Silence! my fellow beings,
Is in all your dreams to come'.

The nights speaks lesser tonight,
Of the lessons forgotten so very soon,
The heads turn away and the smiles grow slim,
Words of passion, Words of honor, words in all,
Heard less strong in a weakening dream.

The good times; always another reach away,
Enough no longer an option,
As whispers fill shadows with expectations,
Entertained by desires once condemned,
Unfolding into a final disappointment.

The nights to go, the dreams to stay,
Count not up, count not down,
For nobody is sane, it’s been told:
‘Silence! my fellow beings,
Is in all your dreams to come'.